Why OEE And OEE Line Availability?
ZARPAC has a single-minded focus on helping customers maximize line availability and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by focusing on optimizing OEE availability. We encourage our customers to focus on these metrics for four key reasons:
- Optimized OEE line availability and overall OEE performance are highly correlated with the ROI for packaging line investments.
- OEE Line availability and OEE are objective, comprehensive and unbiased metrics for understanding packaging line performance.
- Understanding the underlying drivers of packaging line line availability and Overall Equipment Effectiveness cab provide the insights required to identify and correct the root causes of downtime and lost productivity.
- ZARPAC, through ZPI's Monitor & Report software system, offers the ability to capture detailed, real-time production line data, objectively calculate true line availability and OEE and then identify the root causes of negative availability and OEE impacts.
Of these four reasons, # 4 is the most compelling because routine data collection, data aggregation, data storage and analysis have long been a significant hurdle for companies with a desire to implement OEE best practices.
Without continuous, comprehensive, and automatic data collection, calculating OEE is very difficult.
ZPI Monitor & Report makes it easy to implement OEE continuous improvement initiatives and it can help make OEE an everyday part of packaging line operation and management. It puts the data your team needs to accurately calculate and analyze OEE at their fingertips 24 / 7 / 365.
ZARPAC customers that make OEE measurement and optimization part of their daily routine operate the highest performance packaged goods manufacturing lines in the world.
We are very proud to say that in many cases, we have contributed to this exceptional performance.
To learn more about Overall Equipment Effectiveness, and how to make it a key metric in your manufacturing facilities, please e-mail us at ZARPAC@ProMachBuilt.com.
For more information about ZPI Monitor & Report packaging line monitoring and reporting systems, click here.
What Is Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)?
If you are familiar with OEE as a popular industry acronym, or Overall Equipment Effectiveness as a popular industry buzzword, and would like to know more about it, we hope you will find the following non-technical overview helpful.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is an objective and comprehensive process for measuring downtime on a packaging line and identifying the root causes of that downtime.
The basic premise of OEE is once you know how much downtime you have, where it occurs on the production line and what is causing it, you can do something about it.
When targeted corrective actions are then implemented, improved OEE means more cases out the door using equivalent or even lower labor and material resources.
There is of course more to the OEE measurement and calculation process, but here is what a manager needs to remember:
- You don’t need to be an OEE expert to implement, manage or support OEE initiatives.
- You just need the right line monitoring and data collection tools, and personnel skilled in the use of those tools.
As far as ZARPAC is concerned the best OEE line monitoring and measurement tool money can buy is ZPI Monitor & Report.
ZARPAC and ZPI's Monitor & Report system make it easy to implement OEE continuous improvement initiatives. Monitor & Report helps make OEE an everyday part of operating and managing your packaging line. It puts the data your team needs to accurately monitor line performance and identify the cause of all downtime at their fingertips 24 / 7 / 365.
ZARPAC offers complete ZPI Monitor & Support training programs for plant personnel responsible for packaging line performance. Monitor & Report is easy to use and the array of reporting capabilities will satisfy even the most demanding requirements.
For more information about OEE and ZPI Monitor & Support packaging line data collection and reporting systems, click here.